Anyway I continue my work on version 2.0, which will be a pure Win95/98/NT
application and will support drag&drop, long filenames (as far as CDRWIN
will support it) and other normal Windows features. It will be programmed
in Delphi or Visual Basic (not sure at the moment), but it will take some
time to redo all WAV import/checking code... so please be patient.
If you have any urgent ideas of what additional functions should be available in the Windows version please email me. I collect some ideas, but please don't expect to get it all into version 2.0. :)
e.g. direct recording out of MakeCUE (using DAO.EXE), virtual CD player which can play the given track layout....
v1.2: Changed default pregap for new tracks to 0 seconds.
I didn't like the old default of 2 seconds. Use the ADD PREGAP function
in the cue sheet mode to add a pregap to all tracks or change the default
in the files mode to 2 seconds or any other size.
MakeCUE will now try to save all cue sheet files without paths now to make the resulting cue sheet 'portable' to other directories, harddrives or CDROMs, as far as the cue sheet is still in the same directory as the WAVs. This method is only possible when saving the cue file into the same dir locating ALL WAV files. You have to select that dir with the files window and save the cue file without any path. MakeCUE will inform you if it was able to strip all paths or not.
v1.3: MakeCUE will now handle even deleted CUE points in
the WAV files. You should be able to erase and add cue points in Cool Edit
as you like and MakeCUE will handle it correctly.
MakeCUE has its own config file, where the program saves the length of the default pregap. MakeCUE handles his config file, you don't need to edit it - just change the pregap length with the [D] option and MakeCUE will remember the last setting on next start.
v1.4: Finally corrected the problem with write protected
files. MakeCUE now handles even protected files.
Modified CUE detection in WAV files, which seems to be more compatible now. The wrong behaviour on WAVs saved with the old Cool Edit 1.54 is now fixed. This bug was reported by Winfried Burg, thanks! :) When loaded and saved by up to date Cool versions it still showed some malfunctions, so this problem wasn't that outdated as it seems!
v1.41: Patched "runtime error 200" bug of Turbo
Pascal (speed calibration problem, see notes above). It should run on any
computer again. :)
Also tried to fix the bug when accessing an (empty) root directory of a partition/disc with WAVs only. Still doesn't work because I would have to correct a couple of other parts of the code also and I just don't want to. ;) I'm working on v2.0 instead.... NOTE: v1.41 is the final DOS version!!
FILE TEST1.WAV WAVE TRACK 1 AUDIO INDEX 0 00:00:00 INDEX 1 00:00:46 TRACK 2 AUDIO INDEX 0 00:15:30 INDEX 1 00:18:07 TRACK 3 AUDIO PREGAP 00:02:00 INDEX 1 00:23:35 FILE TEST3.WAV WAVE TRACK 4 AUDIO INDEX 1 00:00:00 INDEX 2 00:15:30 INDEX 3 00:18:07 TRACK 5 AUDIO PREGAP 00:03:00 INDEX 1 00:23:35 FILE TEST2.WAV WAVE TRACK 6 AUDIO INDEX 0 00:00:00 INDEX 1 00:09:73 INDEX 2 00:19:71 INDEX 3 00:29:73